Our client, a successful “up-scale” Hotel on the outskirts of Bath is looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their team.
As a Kitchen Porter you will be supporting the kitchen in delivering a varied food offering in the restaurant as well as private dining functions, afternoon tea and breakfast.
You will be outgoing, personable, enthusiastic and confident in your ability to be able to help this busy operation and maintain excellent service standards.
If you’re passionate about delivering exceptional food and have a highly motivated, hands-on approach, this is a great opportunity to secure a key role within a dynamic, forward-thinking food and beverage operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Executive Head Chef to prepare meals
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and by using the dishwasher.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Maintaining the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Dealing with all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
- Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to the hotel laundry.
- Carrying out regular quality assurance audits.
- Handling all glass and china with great care.
- Attending company training programmes when required.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
Key skills & requirements:
- Have a ‘will do’ attitude.
- Possess a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Highly motivated and focused.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends and finish at a time when all areas are clean and tidy
In return our client offers:
- A competitive basic salary
- Friends and family discount rate
- The opportunity to progress
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2183
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- Working place :
- Creation date :