Our client, an innovative and niche property company responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help meet the Government’s commitment to build new free schools and help create 600,000 new school places by 2021 is recruiting a Management Accountant based in Central London.
You will provide management accounting, forecasting support, whilst also providing financial accounting and payment support in conjunction with the DfE shared service who will provide transactional support. All of this will be required to support the company’s overall delivery on behalf of the Department for Education. This includes working closely with the shared services team within DfE who will be provide the transactional finance service.
The Head Office is situated on London's vibrant Regent Street; however, this role is homebased, preferably in the North East of England.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the provision of transactional finance services from the Department for Education’s Shared Services.
- Preparing reports on at least a monthly basis to allow the continued review of the company’s performance against the annual administration running cost budget.
- Supporting budget holders in the use of the financial management system.
- Preparing reports for submission to the DfE on budget forecasting, actual payments against forecast and cash requirements on at least a monthly basis
- Supporting the long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the strategic/business plan.
- Assisting with the review of guidelines and collation of information for budget and forecast preparation.
- Producing timely and accurate monthly period-end journals and accruals as required.
- Maintaining financial records for each scheme and service in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Maintaining compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Providing accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual schemes or services.
- Assisting with the maintenance of accurate financial records that are appropriate for the users.
- Supporting the Associate Director of Finance in ensuring all statutory requirements of the company are met.
- Assisting in the preparation of information for the annual audit.
- Identifying financial risks.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification).
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Great communication skills honed in business advisory roles.
- Ability to resolve complex issues both independently and as part of a team.
- Value the team approach to solving problems.
- Assume lead role in identifying and solving problems quickly to sustain optimal productivity.
- Modify and adapt response to meet the needs of a particular client.
- Ability to use data analysis to drive optimal financial and operational performance.
- Promote the development and execution of best practice to enhance organisation capabilities and market reputation.
- Confident acting as a finance business partner to managers on all aspects of Finance Management.
- Ability to plan, shape, score and deliver business objectives as well the understanding the people elements of change.
- Possess strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages
It may be an advantage if you:
- Were educated to Degree level education.
- Had knowledge of government accounting issues, including the requirements of Managing Public Money.
In return they offer:
- A basic salary of up to £38,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays.
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%.
- Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme.
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities.
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2195
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- up to £38,000
- Working place :
- Creation date :