Assistant Head Gardener
The Hotel is now owned and operated by one of the most renowned and successful independent hotel companies in the United Kingdom, with a focus on stunning design, interiors, innovative food and drink and excellent hospitality. The hotel is currently undergoing a major investment to ensure it will be one of the most innovative and successful country house hotels in the country.
As part of this development, they are looking to appoint an Assistant Head Gardener. This role has two main aspects: current maintenance and presentation to ensure the property is presented beautifully and tidily, and the development of the hotel grounds in the next chapter with innovative horticultural ideas.
You will be required to work 5 days per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the presentation of the hotel grounds including mowing, pruning, weeding, leaf collection
- Being involved in the future planning of the grounds and associated areas such as repositioning of drive and car parks
- Key stakeholder involvement in the capital investment and future changes
- Assisting in the development of river frontage and walled gardens
- Protection of the grade 2 listed buildings and the archaeological places of interest within the 30 acres of grounds
- Advising on horticulture for new hot tub private gardens and gardens surrounding new building development
- Strong awareness of health and safety regulations
- Strong communication with other hotel departments
- Be able to converse knowledgeably to hotel guests and in time conduct tours of the grounds
Key skills & requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Able to converse knowledgeably to hotel guests and in time conduct tours of the grounds
- A genuine belief in delivering great customer service.
- Excellent guest care and hospitality skills
- A love of food
- A great believer in guest interaction
- Be self-motivated.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Flexible hours and days
- Team player
In return our client offers
- A basic salary of £23,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
- Company pension
- the opportunity to progress.
- Pension contribution
- Meal whilst on duty
- Monthly share of gratuities
- Free car parking
- 25% discount on food and beverage in group hotels
- Personal development plan
- Full induction and training
- Flexible hours
- Advanced rotas to assist personal time planning.
- Excellent company career opportunities
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2252
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- £23,000 - £24,000
- Working place :
- Creation date :