Our client, a beautiful boutique hotel located in Bath Spa city centre, is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to set up and run their unique Christmas party venue in Bath this festive season.
This year they are opening a pop-up Christmas Tavern, which will be a celebration of the best of the season this November and December and they are on the hunt for a passionate individual to lead the Kitchen team.
The Tavern will be a destination for party nights for up to 150 guests, as well as for groups and individuals to drop in for drinks, afternoon tea and festive snacks, this is an incredibly hands-on role for the right person to see their 2019 concept through.
With support from the rest of the team, they want to ensure The Christmas Tavern is the most talked about place in Bath this festive season.
If you’re passionate about delivering a quality food service, have a good understanding and interest in food, have a hands-on approach and are eager to put your own innovative stamp on this new festive pop-up, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the head chef and delivering their vision while assuring quality and consistency, you will have previous experience in a similar role, or be looking to step up from supervisor level, be outgoing, personable, enthusiastic and be confident in your ability to lead this busy venue and maintain excellent service standards.
The Hotel has vibrant upscale rooms, many with views out over Bath Abbey and the Recreation Ground. The hotel is just around the corner from some of the city’s best-loved world heritage locations such as Great Pulteney Street, The Victoria Art Gallery and the famed Pulteney Weir, it’s also within easy walking distance of The Roman Baths, Jane Austen Centre and Thermae Bath Spa as well as the city’s renowned fine dining restaurants and boutiques.
This is a Fixed Term Contract from Mid-November 2019 to 4th January 2020.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times
- Reporting to the head chef and delivering their vision while assuring quality and consistency
- The preparation and service of food in our Christmas Tavern and The Roost, with a main focus on a memorable dining experience
- Appropriate mise-en-place, stock rotation and portion control
- Purchasing and cost control
- Development and ongoing learning of the kitchen team
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role
In return our client offers:
- Competitive salary
- Staff discounts across the group
- 28 days’ holiday pro-rata
- Full workplace pension scheme
- A key role within a dynamic, forward-thinking hotel operation
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2143
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Temporary / Contract
- Working place :
- Creation date :