People & Development Manager
Our client, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education (DfE), which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children, is looking to recruit a People & Development Manager to join their HR team.
Reporting into the Chief People Officer you will be helping them to position the company as an employer of choice within the property sector, you will help deliver a high-quality people & development service by managing all recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations and learning & development activities, including any work experience initiatives, graduate and apprentice programmes. In addition, you will be the main point of contact for all HR related queries and the production of all HR documentation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing the full recruitment process from challenging the need to recruit through to producing contracts of employment
- Managing all employee on and off boarding procedures ensuring the company meets its statutory obligations and delivers an effective probationary process
- Supporting the management of the Apprentice and Graduate Development Schemes
- Ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we do by playing an active part as the People & Development representative on the D&I Committee
- Leading on the implementation and delivery of a variety experience and career activities that support our goal to encourage more young people to consider the property profession
- Ensuring that all HR policies support a high performing, distinctive and aspirational culture
- Undertaking the necessary HR administration including keeping our HR systems up to date, electronic filing, ensuring all mandatory training objectives are met as well as producing HR documents and reports as required
- Using employee insights and feedback to assist with business strategies and actions that result in a high level of employee commitment, engagement and retention
- Providing employee relations advice and support to line managers as required
- Working with colleagues and/or their line managers to identify and source appropriate training and development initiatives that improve individual or company performance
- Supporting the annual performance development process, including any salary reviews and performance related pay
- Remaining up to date on employment legislation ensuring that any changes in legislation are communicated in a clear and timely manner
- Liaising with employer and employee organisations, industry groups and peers to keep abreast of current HR issues and trends.
Key skills and requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD qualification or equivalent
- A good understanding of employment law
- Knowledge of successful D&I initiatives including inclusive recruitment practices
- Proven track record of managing recruitment without use of agency support
- Good experience of using different recruitment methods and job boards including LinkedIn.
- Experience designing and delivering learning & development initiatives.
- Experience of advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- A professional and commercial approach to HR,
- Strong commitment to enhancing Diversity & Inclusion.
- Strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with key stakeholders at all levels
- Great communication skills in business partnering/advisory roles
- Innovative problem solver and lateral thinker
- Ability to analyse business challenges/data and provide people and development recommendations
- Ability to stand back from a situation, look at it objectively and view it from others' perspectives.
- Visible, approachable and earns respect
- Adds value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Ability to build rapport quickly.
- Self-starter with capacity to work on own initiative.
- Continually seeks to broaden own technical skills set by taking responsibility for their own personal development.
- Enthusiastic, thoroughness, commitment and controlled under pressure.
- Self-motivated, flexible, organised, with an eye for detail.
- Demonstrates high standards of integrity, honesty and fairness, commensurate with the Nolan Principles.
It may be an advantage if you had:
- A coaching qualification.
- An understanding of the processes involved in running apprenticeship and graduate schemes and work experience programmes
- Strong business acumen and the ability to connect HR practices to business results
- Experience in using SharePoint
In return they offer:
- A basic salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- The opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
- The ability to work from home, need to be based in London or the North West of England with ability to travel to Central London as required
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2282
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- up to £45,000
- Working place :
- Creation date :