Our client, a leading Global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions, are looking for an Air Freight Operations Executive to join their AirFreight Exports team, based near Heathrow Airport. Reporting to the Air Export Manager, you will play a key role within the department dealing with customers and colleagues around the world
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and issuing quotations to prospects, customers, overseas offices in line with the operational SOP.
- Following up issued quotations
- Booking shipments with airlines.
- Negotiating rates.
- Arranging collections with the transport department or sub-contractors
- Booking of shipments into FTS
- Handling customer enquiries
- Dealing with SRN’s from overseas offices
- Preparing customs entries via Impatex system
- Preparing, controlling & distributing all required export documentation to counterparts complying with regulations & internal procedures
- Maintaining excellent relationships with internal & external customers
- Following up shipment status, identify incidents & ensure resolution of incidents
Key skills & requirements:
- Previous experience in air export operations
- Excellent communications skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Customer focused & attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change & work as part of a team
- Good MS Office skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
It may be an advantage if you had:
- Previous experience in handling Dangerous Goods
In return our client offers a salary of circa £25,000 per annum, plus generous holiday entitlement and other benefits you would expect from a Global company.
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD1995.
This role is subject to a basic DBS check
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.