Our client is a brand leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of quality kitchen furniture to the independent kitchen specialist retailer. Due to continued expansion, they are looking for Wood Machinist/Panel Processors to join the growing Production team based in Doncaster
As a Wood Machinist with experience of panel processing, you will be required to safely operate wood machining equipment to satisfactory standards of workmanship at defined levels of output and to the agreed quality and hygiene requirements. They will continue to invest in state of the art CNC machinery, so you should be willing to develop your skills and be trained on a range of new equipment.
You will be working a rotating shift pattern 06:00 – 14:30 Monday to Thursday, 06:00 – 12:00 Friday / 14:00 – 00:00 Monday to Thursday
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Setting and operating machines to produce product with consistent results that is within specification and to acceptable levels of quality.
- Correctly reading drawings, use measuring equipment to measure dimensions and to maintain high standards of workmanship.
- Correctly recording details of activities performed, stock control and production control information, on paper and on the manufacturing computer system (SAP).
- Using computer software to programme computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines.
- Identifying and highlighting to supervision process faults, errors and non-conformities.
- Undertaking assembly, packing, cleaning and all machining and operating duties in the plant as the need arises.
- Understanding the risks, control measures and safety devices for the equipment operated and surrounding areas.
- Maintaining consistent satisfactory levels of housekeeping.
- Conforming with all safety standards and use of appropriate PPE at all times.
- Generate, agree and implement new initiatives that result in continuous improvements.
- Helping to train and mentor colleagues and to undertake training activities as directed by line management.
- Performing simple machine cleaning and maintenance duties.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Understanding of the principles of wood machining
- Numerate with basic literacy and written communication skills
- Ability to set and/or programme machines, including CNC machinery, to consistently produce work to specifications and targets
- Proven experience and knowledge of operating wood or panel processing machines, ideally within the kitchen furniture or allied industries
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues, particularly in relation to wood working/processing machinery
- Able to undertake physically demanding tasks, e.g. manual handling, standing for long periods.
- Ability to use own initiative and receive and follow instructions
- Basic computer literacy
It may be an advantage if you had:
- A qualification in Wood Machining, e.g. NVQ, City & Guilds or similar
- Experience of using SAP
In return our client offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and other benefits you would expect from a market leader
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD1991
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.