Our client, a boutique townhouse hotel with 31 guestrooms in the heart of the city of Bath are looking to appoint a Kitchen Porter to join their team as they launch exciting new ventures as they open a high-class new restaurant.
As a Kitchen Porter you will be supporting one of the best Chef’s in Bath to deliver a varied quality food offering in the restaurant as well as private dining functions.
In this role, you’ll play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the busy kitchen. It’s a great opportunity to work within a small, experienced and friendly kitchen team. You will be passionate about bringing the best out of artisanal seasonal produce, have a keen eye for quality and consistency and a friendly can-do personality
Ideally you will have some previous experience in a similar role
You will be required to work straight shifts, five days a week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the head chef and senior chef to ensure you deliver quality meals
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and by using the dishwasher.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Maintaining the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
- Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to the hotel laundry.
- Carrying out regular quality assurance audits.
- Attending company training programmes when required.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the next shift
If you’re passionate about delivering exceptional food and have a highly motivated, hands-on approach, this is a great opportunity to secure a key role working alongside a high quality kitchen brigade
Key skills & requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Genuine belief in delivering great customer service
- Be self-motivated
- Friendly and outgoing
- A great communicator
- Enthusiastic and flexible
In return our client offers:
- A basic salary of £8.91 per hour
- The opportunity to progress
- Staff discount
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2226
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- £8.91 per hour
- Working place :
- Creation date :