As a result of organisational growth, our client one of the leaders in the sales, rental and maintenance of Radio Communications is looking to take on a Logistics Operative. Based in their Head Office on the Wirral and working within the Logistics team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day issues that arise servicing a hire fleet of in excess of 5,000 products in addition to the despatch of sales equipment and booking in purchased stock.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Unloading inbound/outbound materials safely
- Ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate & free of damage and despatched on time to meet both Production and Customer requirements.
- Accurately receipt in product in a timely manner, using the correct warehouse & location, checking appropriate documentation, Delivery notes etc
- Ensuring the product on delivery is free from obvious damage and the quantities on delivery match the delivery note.
- Ensuring the part is stocked in the location it has been receipted against.
- Preparing, checking the parts pre despatch and generating delivery notes and delivery labels, so the goods can be accurately despatched to the customer.
- Order picking by pulling & preparing product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded & shipped.
- Performing picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service specifications.
- Lifting, moving, loading, unloading, moving, stacking, wrapping and storing product and materials
- Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and Delivery despatches are met to meet the business KPI’s.
- Ensuring the integrity of the system(s) accuracy
- Performing daily accurate physical inventory and year end stock takes, ensuring proper stock rotation and counts.
- Maintaining housekeeping within own work area, assisting in the security of the warehouse.
- Complying with all company Health & Safety and other procedures as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Some knowledge of MRP/ERP Computer systems
- Full UK Driving Licence
- GCSE’s in Maths and English
- Proven IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office especially Word & Excel
- Be able to communicate at all levels.
- An excellent telephone manner
- A good understanding of what good customer service entails
- The ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines.
- A "will do" attitude.
It may be an advantage if you had:
- Previously worked within a manufacturing or similar environment
***This role is subject to a basic DBS Check***
In return our client offers a basic salary up to £21,000 per annum depending on experience
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2222
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- up to £21,000
- Working place :
- Creation date :