Senior Chartered Surveyor
Our client, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education (DfE), which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children, is looking to recruit a Senior Chartered Surveyor, working across its property and development teams.
This is a market facing role in a fast-paced organisation with a strong reputation for delivering best in class projects across the education property sector. The teams are regionally focussed and over the past five years have acquired over 189 sites across the country for the free school programme and delivered several mixed-use schemes including the award-winning Fulham Boys’ School.
The role is to lead property transactions in the education land and sector. It requires the post-holder to take ownership of the full life cycle of acquisitions and disposals from identifying and appraising the opportunity through to finalising contracts and completing the deal. You will work closely with the development and asset management teams, as well as providing bespoke property advice to key stakeholders such as the DfE and schools.
They are looking for someone with the drive and determination to deliver at pace against a challenging and ever-changing education and economic backdrop. Experience in land and property transactions is essential but sector specific knowledge is not required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Applying your experience in property identification and negotiation to ensure acquisition commissions are met, ensuring the highest possible client satisfaction
- Working at pace, utilising market knowledge and experience to achieve the optimum outcome for the department which adhering to Managing Public Money (MPM) principles
- Building relationships with agents, developers, investors, schools and local planning authorities in order to leverage these networks to support property disposals
- Managing the end-to-end transaction life cycle, being held to account for project progress and achieving the most appropriate exits for land held by the Department
- Ensuring the highest levels of communications including the required liaison with a range of internal and external parties throughout the process
- Obtaining Executive Team, Investment Committee and DfE approvals for acquisition and disposal strategies the post holder has responsibility for
- Managing the work of internal and external property, technical and legal advisors, including serving as the instructing party for external legal advisors
- Taking responsibility for deal closure, ensuring that all parties involved execute all requirements in a timely manner, namely through liaising with the appointed disposal agents and solicitors
- Maintaining a reputation with clients and colleagues as a source of property expertise.
Key skills and requirements:
- A qualified Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS)
- Knowledge of national, regional or local property markets
- Understanding of the town planning system
- The ability to develop network of contracts with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities
- Demonstrable commercial awareness of the property market, market norms and best practice
- A track record of identifying and supporting the negotiation and executing acquisitions and disposals with landowners, developers, house builders and institutional investors
In return they offer:
- A basic salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
- The ability to work from home, need to be based in London/South East with ability to travel to Central London as required
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD2280
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter.
- Reference :
- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Wage :
- up to £65,000
- Working place :
- Creation date :